Monday, September 3, 2012

Friday Night Lights

Marching band season started a few weeks ago (and I will post my pictures of that some time I promise) but this past weekend was the football home-opener so the band had their "official" field show debut.  Bands don't travel to away games where we are - if any of my Texas friends are reading this, I would like to know if Texas bands still travel -  so this was in fact the second week of football.  They won last week.

Whatever, as always, lead-up time is crazy around here, so this is what passes for asking the youngest to pose for a picture.  It is actually not too bad, but what you don't see is that I grabbed the half-eaten hot dog out of his hand in order to take the picture.  Then he & the hot dog were out the door.  Hopefully the hot dog is not still in the car!

The band only marched two songs, stood for the third, and substituted the fight song for the fourth.  He is disappointed with their progress.  We left in the 3rd quarter.  And the team lost, but to a Top 20 team in the state.

I thought I took more pictures at the game, but I seem to have deleted them, so here are a couple to hold us over until next home game in two weeks.  Which should be Senior Night. Record: 1-1
Band walking in for pre-game show on the track.

Color guard leading the way.  Coin toss going on in the background.                  




No comments:

Post a Comment